Monday, March 30, 2009

Hard on shoes

In the last 6 months since I moved to Dawson Creek, I've gone through shoes like a mother fucker. I'm hard on shoes under normal circumstances but nothing like this. I've thrown away 6 pairs of shoes. SIX destroyed beyond repair. That's a pair of shoes for every month I've been here. I have 3 more pair in the fix-it shop. One pair is an iffy fix, so that number could climb to 7.

It's sad, I really loved those shoes. Where am I going to find another pair of lime green pumps, or plaid pink platforms, or fake grey snakeskin slingbacks with buckles. WHERE??? Should I hold a memorial service of some kind? It feels like the right thing to do.

On a positive note: HELLO NEW SHOES! I think I will need at least two pair for every pair lost to ease the suffering. THIS IS GOING TO WORK!! I can feel the GLEE already!

Sure it's $$$$ but foot hotness is a major life priority.

No comments: