Monday, March 16, 2009

Cowtown

I spent the weekend in Calgary this is the recap in list form.

AWESOME:

5) Lions and Tigers and Bears - OH MY! We went to the zoo. I didn't see a lion, a tiger or a bear. But I did see a girafe, a kanagroo a hipopotamus, an elephant, a gorilla, a Koala...
4) +10 temperatures.
3) SHOPPING! It's not what you think. I didn't get that much. Some hair product, a tv series on DVD, Lulu pants... All stuff I can't get here so it was exciting for me, now stop laughing.
2) Visiting with friends I haven't seen in WAAAY too long.
1) Riding the greyhound and coming out the other end with my head still in tact.

NOT AWESOME:

5) Going shopping and realizing that my ass has grown a couple sizes - literally.
4) The colorblind, non-english speaking hairstylist. How does "I'd like to go a little darker blonde, like Jennifer Aniston" get translated into a chocolate brown color? I keep telling myself I look mysterious but in fact, I LOOK HOMELESS!
3) My PUBLIC Guitar Hero skills... I swear I'm SO much better when no one's around.
2) All you can eat sushi which isn't really ALL YOU CAN EAT. 3 orders / 90 minute maximum with limited amounts on a reduced menu hardly qualifies as all you can eat. More than I could eat? Yes. But that's not the point.
1) A broken down bus and an additional 3 hours spent at the depot in Edmonton. Just me and about 6 people off of Canada's most wanted list. Cool beans.

Okay, so I'm off to make an appointment at the diet clinic and feed my new pet Koala - They'll let you take anything on a bus. shhh.

No comments: