Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Corb Lund aka my future husband

Okay so maybe he only known as that to me, but I think that's enough.

I'm a HUGE Corb Lund fan, have been since I interviewed him working for a radio station in Olds Alberta. I think I'm such a big fan because he sings my story. An independant wanderer with strong country roots and a rockstar attitude.

These lyrics from "Especially A Paint" off Corb Lund's latest album say it best:

There's something about horses, especially a paint
Whenever I see horses it reminds me of what I ain't
‘Cause I am not your lover now and I may never be
But with a couple pinto ponies how things go we'll have to see
‘Cause they're hitched outside to the rail right now and their silver jangles free


Anyway back to reality and the reason for this post. Yesterday I've found out via his website that Corb's been signed to a record deal with New West Records, out of the states. It's the same label that represents Drive By Truckers, Steve Earle, and Kris Kristofferson. I'm so excited for him.

This is my first Corb song:



This is his latest release:



I think he's incredibly talented especially in the songwriting department. He's amazing.

Okay I'm done gushing :)

No comments: