Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Amazing Adventure to Central Washington

It all started with an email from a friend of mine: "Hey let's go to Sasquatch"

I love music festivals, love, love, love them so I bought tickets, booked a hotel room and waited. A long 3 months later, I was driving a rental car across the border, heading towards the Gorge in Central Washington. The 3 day festival included over 90 acts on 3 stages. I took in the first 2 days and a line-up that included the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Kings of Leon, TV on the Radio, NIN and Jane's Addiction along with a bunch of bands I'd never heard of.

We stayed at a Motel 6 in Moses Lake which was a super cute little town about 35 minutes away from the Gorge.

It was my first trip to the Gorge. I was amazed, easily the best venue I've ever seen. The backdrop was absolutely breath-taking and the bowl was set up to hold 10s of 1000s of people with great sight lines from almost every spot. Access in and out was easy, no traffic or big line-ups. The event was super well organized. My only complaints were, no in and out access, $9 beer, and lack of food choices.

Blah blah blah... here are some pics!









No comments: