Monday, May 11, 2009

Here I am...

Were you worried? No. Oh...

This past week I've been so crazy busy that I haven't even had time for tv. TV. Is Issie going to die? And please tell me Adam is still singing every week?

I just got back from another whirlwind trip to Vancouver. I was there for a marketing conference and was able to pull quite a few really great ideas that I hope to implement. So I'm on my way and I'm in the airport in Grande Prairie, just sitting there reading my Harry Potter book when this gentlemen in his late 40s approaches the service desk. I eavesdrop, of course, and find out he's frantically trying to find someplace to leave his keys. He's called his wife and she is on her way to pick them up. The flight attendant is trying to understand his rambling:

FA: You need to leave your keys? Okay. Is your car outside?

Gentleman: No, my cars at home on the farm. My wife is shopping and she's going to come pick them up. I have a remote start here and it looks like a bomb detonator and I can't bring them on the plane.

***Brief moment of awkward silence***

FA: Oh. Did someone at check-in tell you that?

Gentleman: No, but it looks like a bomb detonator and I thought I'd better not bring them on the plane.

FA: Okay sir, tell your wife she can pick up your keys at the West Jet counter.

To the credit of the Flight Attendant, she did not laugh at him. I, however, had to put my book over my face so he wouldn't see me silently laughing my ass off.

1 comment:

notquiteawake said...

I was worried. I'm glad you're still around.