Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My first redneck weekend starring the award winning fun destroyer: SNOW!

May long has always been famous for it's unpredictable poor weather. But the second coming of winter? Is that necessary?

Despite it all I went camping over the weekend. We had a little redneck commune set up where we lived under a tarp and as close to the fire as possible. Alcohol (termed anti-freeze for most of the weekend) certainly helped and the trailer was warm for sleeping. So all in all, I'll have to admit it was a pretty good time. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather been camping under the heat of the sun, but sitting around a campfire has got to be one of my favorite things.

Here are a couple of pics:

Our commune:



Watching Dean and the kids build a snowman:



Next weekend I'm heading to Seattle, for the Sasquatch music festival and to celebrate memorial day long weekend. eeeeee!! I'm excited. Let's just hope the weather is better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks fun- sitting around the campfire is one of my favorite things too.

Building a snowman on a camping trip is just wrong, though.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I forgot- I'm giving you and NQA awards for your bloggy awesomeness, so head over to my blog and get to copy/pasting!