Monday, December 22, 2008

What I miss most

Okay so I was just on facebook and my friend Emily, has posted a list of her favorite shows of 2008 which got me thinking about my favorite shows of 2008. I am without a doubt a live music junkie and one of the best things about living in Vancouver is the endless talent and entertainment available. It hasn't quite set in yet but I'm really going to miss that.

So here are my picks... Top 10 performances of 2008

10)SHAWN HLOOKOFF
9)STONE TEMPLE PILOTS
8)MATISYAHU
7)IRON MAIDEN
6)EXCLUSIVE BRYAN ADAMS PERFORMANCE
5)JANET JACKSON
4)FOO FIGHTERS
3)MICHAEL BUBLE
2)SATURDAY AT PEMBERTON (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, The Hip, My Morning Jacket, Sam Roberts)
1) WHISTLER MUSIC FEST: THE ROOTS AND THE INCREDIBLE ELVIS COSTELLO (the rest of it was pretty swell too)

There were another 5 or so shows that could have made this list but for various reasons did not. I saw about 25-30 shows over the past year and it was a fabulous year for music.

I'm not going to have that same opportunity in 2009 but I figure I'll maximize my time by hitting festivals: Whistler, Pemberton and maybe Bumbershoot... that's if my festival buddy is up for it. Can't wait!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, I want to live there! I've been to exactly one concert this year- One! It was a Rush concert and I got to sit in the mayors box, so that should count for at least 3 concerts, but still.

I would totally dig going to a Matisyahu concert.

I did see the old guy with questionable mental faculties play three songs in a row at the coffee house which sounded exactly the same not too long ago- does that count?