Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thoughts

I'm feeling pretty anxious right now. I guess things aren't going the way I expected them to. My life is not the same, and although I knew it wouldn't be, the reality is more difficult than I expected.

I moved here to be closer to my family. I don't regret that for a minute. Over the last 10 years I've had some pretty awesome experiences and met some incredible people. I've worked hard, played harder and lived well. I've learnt so much about myself and how to enjoy life. It would've been easy to indulge myself and continue living that way for another 10 years. But I think there's more to life than self-indulgence and that's why I'm here. (I dunno, maybe it's selfish/greedy of me to want more)

It's an adjustment, but it's so much more than just learning to live without sushi and an underground music scene. It's learning accept this new version of myself, and that's going to take some time.

2 comments:

www.erinkelly.ca said...

Finally made my way over here...saw it on your status, and being the blog whore that I am, bookmarked it to check out.

Good thing I did, because I think you ditched me outta facebook. Was looking for you today to send you a message...

anyway...hope you are feeling better and that life at home is constantly improving.

erin k

Kat said...

Hey erin!! Thank-you. It's an adjustment but I'm rollin' with it so things are getting better!

I got myself in a little facebook trouble, so I decided to deactivate my account for a bit.

Take Care