Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Big Move

I walked outside today and could see my breath in the -10 celcius cold, and for the 400th time since I moved here a month ago, I asked myself ... "What the hell have I done?"

I used to live in Vancouver, I used to spend saturday nights out on the town, I used to have hobbies, hell, I used to have friends. Now, I live in Dawson Creek, population, somewhere between 12,000-15,000. Now, I have no friends and on a saturday night chances are, I'll be at home with my best friend Molly. Molly is a cat. More times than not, I wonder how I ended up here and then I realise this is what I choose, what I wanted. A return to my roots, to the place I grew up, to my family. SUPER.

The last month has been, well... interesting, but I if I can survive the cold hard life of the city, then I can adjust to life in this small town - right?

No comments: