Monday, November 1, 2010

Hodge Podge #1254

Geez who would have thought that buying a new house, painting and moving would be such a stressful and time consuming process! We had 8 days from our possession date till our first house guests arrived. Yup it's as fun as it sounds. I was completely dillusional when I thought we could get everything done in 4 days. We're still not moved. We're moved in enough to live there but somehow I still have an apartment full of "stuff" to transport to the new place. Oh and one room and all the trim still needs a second coat of paint.

Halloween was awesome for the 2nd year in a row. I really love country dances. Only there can you see Saddam Hussien, Osama Bin Laden, Hitler and a Hutterite couple (done by twins) drinking beer together. Nothing really seems to offend anyone, ever. Which is pretty cool. I especially love the local band that plays at them. They have a playlist that includes a very large number of Corb Lund songs. Apparently the lead singer and I have a mutual love for Corb. (I have tickets to see my 7th Corb Lund show this December...EEEeeeeeexciting)

Back to Halloween... Kevin and I rocked some pretty awesome gnome costumes. I'll post some pictures soon!

No comments: