Monday, September 20, 2010

Fat & Happy

My life over the past 7 months has been a whirlwind of awesomeness. I met a boy and I fell in love and although that in itself is pretty wicked, that boy and I are going through the process of purchasing our first home and adopting one extremely cute puppy. Life is great, so great that I've gained 35lbs! Not only am I happy, I'm fat. Fat and happy.

I want to do something about it. I want lose weight so I've been reading a bunch of blogs from people who are chronicling their weightloss journey. Problem is almost every blogger I've read, "LOVES FOOD" and I hate it. I hate to cook, so I eat out A LOT or I grab whatever's easiest which in most cases is the box of KD or whatever I can find that cooks in the microwave. When I get hungry I need to eat like now. So that handful of chocolate chips or chunk of cheese while I'm cooking my healthy meal is rather unproductive. I hate it that in order to diet, food has to consume my life. I need to plan, prepare and record. I can't handle all the thinking that has to go into eating.  When I diet I do great in the beginning. I pick 4 or 5 different dishes and I eat them over and over and over again. It's great! Until life gets in the way of my routine. I'm not trying to make excuses, I know there is no easy way and I just have to suck it up and do it. However I am desperately looking for something that works for me and my busy, routine-free lifestyle.

Please let me know if you have any pointers. Otherwise, stay tuned as I take the "fat" out of  fat and happy.

3 comments:

Bronwyn said...

OMG. Same thing happened to me when I started dating The Guy. 25 lbs in the first year because all we did was go out for romantic meals (read: Denny's). I finally lost the weight by making all our meals at home and not eating any take out. (Was also diagnosed with Celiac's disease, but would not recommend it)

Kat said...

OMG is right. I haven't been diagnosed with Celiac's disease but with a high a sensitivity to gluten and dairy. The change in my diet has made things a little more difficult but I'm slowly getting used to everything. Big bonus is my boyfriend's mom has celiac's and she has some fantastic recipes. Let me know if you want a great one for bread.

Bronwyn said...

I'm super lazy when it comes to baking. I found the bread mix "Breads from Anna" that I order in from AB. Tastes almost like real bread!