Tuesday, January 13, 2009

So much cooler online

Sooo online dating in Dawson Creek is not so hot. I got a few emails but nothing local and nothing that made me want to arrange a face to face.

Here is my list of deal breakers
1) Profile pictures containing dead animals
2) Any reference what so ever to "hooking up" (Dude, we've never met and I ain't that hard up... even if you are)
3) Do not set yourself up for a joke and then get offended when I crack the obvious cause you basically asked for it. (I like to crack jokes at the expense of others - can't deal, go elsewhere)
4) Do you have kids: Prefer not to say... Uhmm either you have kids or you don't and if you didn't you'd just say no. So why not say yes? Are you ashamed of your children... AWESOME - that's the kind of guy every girl wants to date.
4) Finally... (this isn't really a deal breaker but certainly astonishing) Hasn't ANYONE in this part of the country seen Flight of the Conchords? Isn't it time you came out of the bush and said hello to reality??!!

Seriously. I think there were a total of 6 guys from here in my age range with about 25% of them worth talking to. Lots of guys in neighboring towns so I might try again in the summertime when travel is possible.

I'm off to Kelowna this weekend for a skating competition! Should be fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a friend in NZ that I email now and again, and SHE hasn't heard of Flight of the Conchords. Are you freaking kidding me?

Greatest comedy band-ever. And the show rocks.